Monday, November 10, 2008

What is Lindsay Lohan?

So it’s been a poorly kept secret for some time that Lindsay Lohan was dating Samantha Ronson. Recently Lindsay has opened up a bit, and admitted that she is indeed dating Samantha. In an article today Lindsay opens up a little more and talks about her relationship. Lindsay does not consider herself a lesbian, and only said “maybe” when asked if she is bisexual. You can read the article here.

Lindsay is an interesting topic because she raises the issue of who is representing bisexual and other non-monosexuals to the public. For good or bad Lindsay has not classified herself as anything. It gives us a little more time to decide if she’s helping or hurting.

Also on another site, AfterEllen.com, they also mentioned Lindsay. They bring up the point that most people are classified by the public as either gay/lesbian or straight, and forget that there is something else! You can read this article here.

4 comments:

Britches said...

It is true that the public in general forgets bi's... in fact I've found myself asking my family lately if they even know what bi-sexual is (I'm not out to them yet, but you know, sort of preparing them for it) :D.

Anyway, I'm torn about whether the LiLo thing is good or bad, as I'm sure most of us are, b/c on the one hand it's getting people to see there's more out there than straight. But on the other hand is she doing it just for attention? I dunno, just my thoughts. :)

Britches said...

Ok, I'm following up on my comment... after reading the article she actually said some things I agree with. Maybe I should give Lindsay a little more credit... :D Even if it was just for attention, it's bringing bisexuality into the news which is good. Hmm.

Unknown said...

What's been driving me nuts is people's commentary on the whole lindsay thing..."is she gay now but was straight? is she gay now but will be straight? which one is she?"

Britches said...

Yeah, I actually read an article last night after this one that said she "won't accept that she's gay" and that she "fiercly denied she's a lesbian". It made me feel like they were saying "oh, she's in denial b/c it's awful" or something.

They also said that "the elusive Lindsay refused to be drawn on whether she will settle down with a man or woman, saying she 'doesn't know'". Oh come on, elusive? Why does she have to choose now? Nobody knows who they're going to marry until the time comes. What a dumb article.